Monday 19 August 2019

15th Day of Harkan Moon


This group of strangers has made my life particularly difficult.

Time is moving too fast for me to process. And this sapling in my arm impedes my thoughts. I had made that deal with that Ancient Oak, but I did not anticipate that the spore it gave me would be so invasive.

I hardly have had time to think about it.

The lake, the lake was strange and cold. It seems so long ago now. I do not fully understand what happened there. Tron did not like. The others were affected by some strange power source. But then we moved on. Even faster.

Up to the mountain, to the top, to the Old Oak.

I did not realise I was in the presence of such old power. I could feel it resonating with the natural world, but I did not know. When I cut the bark from its side it reacted in a way, I didn’t think possible. It attacked with a greater force than I thought something so slow could. Those shambling piles of vegetation were out for my blood.

I must never underestimate the old.

I gave it back some of my skin. The flesh of my flesh. And it gave me this… sapling. Looking at it now. It is alive. Thinking, sensing perhaps. But alive I can feel it inside my mind at times, I suppose it is not alone in there. Its short stem and single leaf are subtle and move easily, independently. It will even move to avoid my touch. Perhaps I will learn to communicate with it so that it can hug close to my skin when needed. Or maybe, one is of a benefit to me.

I need time to study it.

The things that happened under the tree I cannot understand. A cult, perhaps. But. To who? They bore the symbol of V. But he did not have worshipers…

Then, this ancient horror inside my mind. He was here too. In some form.

Many things to contemplate, but not now. For now. I must rest.

And examine the new samples I have collected. I would like to practice alchemy, I think. I am sure that Owl Bear eyes can be used for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment